How do I start an XDMCP session?

I'm running cygwin from about six months ago on NT 4.0 SP 6.0a, and also VMWare 4.0 with Red Hat 8 as the guest OS. Since my mouse response is very poor inside the native VMware session, I would like to run Cygwin/ XFree86 as an X terminal into the VM.

I can run a local Cygwin/XFree session just fine and display back individual applications from the VMware Linux. However, what I really want is a full Red Hat desktop. How do I start Cygwin xwin and tell it to direct an XDMCP query to the VMware Linux session?

There may also be an issue where I have to jump through some hoops to enable XDMCP on the Linux side.

Thanks for any advice.

--Bruce (Bruce Hamilton, Redondo Beach, CA)
bhami@pobox.com
http://bhami.com/