Re: Custom icons per window class/name patch

Earle,

Thanks. I will work on merging the remaining changes in this patch into my tree tomorrow. I hope to make a test release tomorrow so that we can all get back into synch.

Thanks for your great contributions,

Harold

Earle F. Philhower III wrote:

Howdy, it's probably bad form to reply to your own posts but here goes:

Attached is a patch from the clean test 86 release (xwin-20030518-1426.tar.bz2)

The changes are as follows:
* Colin's key un-sticker for when you unfocus an X window with a key depressed
* Custom icons on a per-window basis
- Each window created in its own class (to allow custom icon)
- Class name = fn(res_name, res_class, res_role, <incrementing counter>)
- Icon is created on-the-fly using the routines I sent before
- On destroy of a window free the icon (if not x default) and class
- Also still have XWIN.INI support, but seems silly to me at this point,
I would just remove it completely and wait for a real ~/.xwinrc file
parser and PNG files...
* Set XIconSizes() to the Windows approved 16, 32, and 48. It doesn't seem
to be looked at by anything, but it is in the XLib documents as something
a WM should set.
* Removed several misc compile warnings and turned off debug messages for
GetWindowName (probably leftover from local debugging?)

TBD:
* KDE's proprietary icon format (it should be pretty easy to hack the
  present code to support it, all the real work is already done...)
* Handle icon customization better, through ~/.xinitrc and PNG/JPG/etc.
* Small icon bitmask problem?

-Earle F. Philhower, III earle@ziplabel.com cdrlabel - ZipLabel - FlpLabel http://www.cdrlabel.com