RE: Custom icons per window class/name patch

Howdy Colin,
At 10:52 PM 5/27/2003 +0100, you wrote:
I've noticed that KDE icons have problems in their transparent
backgrounds(e.g. konqueror). I suspect that the colour mask (xor)
algorithm's from Earle may have a minor weakness with some pixmap sources
(png's or KDE types?). I'm no expert in bit mangling graphics formats, and
Earl's algorithms look tricky to me, so I'll put my hands up here.

They're pretty standard and unoptimized, but since they are only called a very few times during a heavy-weight process, and for 32x32 images it's not a big deal. It just steps over the destination image, figures out which pixel in the source image that pixel maps to, and then does any color space conversions. A nicer way would be to promote all images to 32 bits and then do some 2d bilinear filtering. 8) It's sure nice to have a 1BOPS machine for under 1K$.

Mind you, the icon handling is pretty impressive as it stands!
I'll try and capture hicons/CreateBitmap data that goes wrong (I'm
displaying 16 bit 1280x1024 incase this is device dependent?)

Can you try again at 32bpp and see if things are munged? I didn't notice any problems with the quickie konqueror runs I did (over a 56k modem, you don't wanna do a long konqueror remote run, trust me) at 32bpp with the 16x16 icons. That would narrow down where to look by a lot.

-Earle F. Philhower, III earle@ziplabel.com cdrlabel - ZipLabel - FlpLabel http://www.cdrlabel.com