problem: occasional keystroke doubling (a known issue?)

Looking through the archives it seems that people were discussing
something like this about a year ago (see the "double keystroke effects
with XP" thread), but I'm not sure if this is quite the same thing, since
that report talks about problems only with normal-speed typing and I get
it even for isolated keypresses.

Basically what happens is that occasionally a keystroke gets doubled. Its
nothing to do with focus changes AFAICT (see "New devel to-do item
(release all pressed keyboard keys on focus loss)" thread). Most often
noticable with doubled newline after completing a command. I've only
observed it for xterm but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen for other
clients. The most reliable way I know to replicate it is to do something
like "info coreutils" and then slowly keep pressing "n" for the next
topic. Maybe 1 time in 10 you can see it actually jumps 2 topics not 1.

I'm using:
Windows XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1
cygwin.dll ver 1.3.22
start XWin -clipboard -multiwindow -emulate3buttons 100
cygcheck -s -v -r output attached

Lev