Re: problem: occasional keystroke doubling (a known issue?)

At 19:43 28/05/2003, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
Now, if I could only find a way to turn this off programmatically, once and for all. This X key repeat feature is completely unnecessary since Windows handles key repeats for us. I tried to interface with the same code that xset interfaces with, but it did not seem that this interface was meant to be built into an X Server. Perhaps someone else can help me figure out how to disable this. It could be a simple as a build flag, but I have never come across it.

Harold,

ISTR that the standard X servers have command line options to set keyboard repeat up. Perhaps the code path those options use will be helpful?

Ruth (who has also seen this issue on XP Pro)