Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Test 88

Icons now work for me. No offense, but they're fairly ugly though. The
'big' version I get when alt-tabbing is OK for some (like xclock, oclock,
xload) and not so good for others (xtriangles, xrubik, xfig), but the
smaller versions that go in the window's title bar and on the taskbar,
they're really not so good. Is this because the X apps I'm testing with
(xclock, oclock, xload, xditview)  only contain a large-version icon and
we have to scale it down ourselves (whereas presumably native windows apps
have both small and large icons available)? Would the current
icon-handling code we have deal with creating both small and large icons
in the cases that both were available? If indeed we are scaling the icons
ouselves, is there a nicer way to do the filtering (its a tiny image and
only gets created very infrequently, so shouldn't be a big performance
concern even if there's some real image-processing stuff going on here).

On a related note, even the default 'X' icon that's used for xterms, etc,
and is presumably built into xwin.exe, well it looks fine when alt-tabbing
and on the taskbar, but the version on the windows title-bar and the
version in the system tray, well they're pretty nasty.

Let me know if you want screen captures of this stuff (though i'm not sure
I know a way to capture the alt-tab icons).

I know this is all small finishing touches stuff, but if you're going to
the trouble of changing the icons, you might as well make them look nice.

Lev