Re: Help me analyze my configuration

Willem,

Willem Riede wrote:

On 2003.05.26 16:05, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

I think I would keep the 8500DV but get a new motherboard instead. I had read before that the AGP support on that particular Iwill board was spotty, but I didn't care because I had never owned an AGP card. Most other boards out there don't have the same types of problems and I am sure that Iwill has improved their AGP support in the past two years as well.

Thanks for describing the problem. It was kinda neat to see the exact same problem that I had happening to another user :) I mean, it sucks that it happened to you, but it keeps me from thinking that I was just doing something wrong with my configuration. :)

Just in case anyone is curious how this story ends...

I've replaced the Iwill KA266-R motherboard with a GigaByte GA-7DXE, and
things work great now with the 8500DV - DVD plays smooth as silk, and XWin works properly with the default engine.

Excellent! It is good to have confirmation that the 8500 DV isn't the problem. Now if I can only talk the pre-wife into letting me get a new motherboard *and* the new All In Wonder 9500... :)

Now, if anyone wants a slightly used KA266-R :-)

I think the one I have is plenty for me. :)