Re: Server Test 88

Hi Lev,

Lev Bishop <lev.bishop@yale.edu> writes:
> On a related note, even the default 'X' icon that's used for xterms,
> etc, and is presumably built into xwin.exe, well it looks fine when
> alt-tabbing and on the taskbar, but the version on the windows
> title-bar and the version in the system tray, well they're pretty
> nasty.

Yeah, I got this too.

The defaukt icon obviously comes from the icon resource in XWin.exe.
Such resources can have small icons 16x16 and large ones 32x32 and
both are actually present.  Problem is that the icons on the title and
in the taskbar are scaled to 24x24 on my setup, so Windows must do
some internal scaling.  It's curious they don't do a better job of it,
I know that one of my own applications written for Win 3.x some years
ago could do this better by adding a standard Windows blur effect.

I was going to try to improve the default icon so that it scales
better, but I haven't yet found a decent way of editing icons with
free tools.

so long, benny