Re: XWin Icon Fidelity

Hi Harold,

Harold L Hunt II <huntharo@msu.edu> writes:
> That wonky/antialiased coloring comes when you upsize an icon from,
> say, 256 colors to true color.  You then have to go back in and get
> rid of a lot of the antialiasing and shrink the mask back down.

I think you want some white or gray border around the X, because
otherwise it won't work on a dark background (like my desktop e.g.).
Problem is that the slope of the X is not 45°, so you get a stair
effect.  That's probably why eXceed skewed the icon a bit so that its
slopes actually are 45°.

> I just recently (last night) found a free icon editor for windows
> that does the trick.

Can you share the secret?  ;-)

so long, benny