Re: Multiwindow request

Peter,

I think this is doable. We already know the server display and screen number, so we could create a DISPLAY environment variable to pass to a new shell. We could also construct a PATH variable that might be able to deduce the location of cygwin1.dll... but I think that would already be in the PATH env var that XWin.exe has, so we could possible read it and pass it to the child shell.

With all of that being said, I don't think I will be writing this anytime soon, unless I am bored.

Harold

Peter Colovas wrote:
I think the multi-window mode of xfree is great work. Since the addition of the changeable window title it has been everything I need. I have a feature request. I don't know how difficult it would be, but it would be great if the right click menu in the trayy had the option to open an new xterm window. I sometimes close my only local window, and I hate to have to shut everything else donw just to get a new one.
Thanks for all the great work.