Re: query regarding use of Xwin -multiwindow

Check out:
 http://www.lepton.fr/tools/autocutsel/
 http://fink.sourceforge.net/doc/x11/tips.php

I use this on Linux to connect my paste buffers.

Jim

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, John Vincent wrote:

Hi,

I've just discovered the -multiwindow option of the cygwin x-server and I
think it's great, as I can now run an xterm on a linux box and display it on
my windows xp machine. One problem, though, I don't seem able to
cut-and-paste btween the xterm window and a ms-windows application. It's as
if the x-server has it's own cut-and-paste buffer which the xterm windows
share, but which is distinct from the cut-and-paste buffers used by the
ms-windows applications.

Can anyone throw any light on this?

I've done a recent complete binary install of cygwin,  uname -a gives
"CYGWIN_NT-5.1 JPV 1.3.22(0.78/3/2) 2003-03-18 09:20 i686 unknown unknown
Cygwin"

I expect I just need to configure something, but I'm at a loss as to where
to start with this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
/John Vincent.

The best help you can get would be on the cygwin-xfree list, which deals with XFree86/Cygwin issues. For your convenience, I'm redirecting this query there and setting the Reply-To to the correct list. Please remove <cygwin at cygwin dot com> from any future mailings on this subject. Igor