Re: taskbar and system tray menus

At 05:49 PM 6/2/2003 -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 09:38:55PM -0000, Earle F. Philhower, III wrote:
>It seems like there is a storm of nit-picking this week, must be something
>in the air.  Anyhoo...
That's usually a sign that a project is approaching stability and maturity
and users are turning to other things.  It seems like the flood of spelling
corrections that historically hits the linux kernel list when the kernel
is close to being released.

If only that was the case! :) I think there is still mucho trabajo a hacer,
especially in the "Window Manager" part of the multiwin setup. Everyone seems
to want it to do something different, and IMHO you can either
a) hack the code to make nobody happy (person X says 'oh, I want it to do A' and
person Y says 'oh, if it does A then it's junk!'), or
b) put in real configuration files just like FVWM where you have a ~/.xwinrc
with lines like "AlwaysOnTop = FALSE" and "ContextMenu=["xterm on XXX",
"xterm on YYY", ...] and "xterm.*.icon=bigicon.png,littleicon.png"

Plus, there's the work Harold's doing on the windows message hooks which might
be a really big change.

-Earle F. Philhower, III earle@ziplabel.com cdrlabel - ZipLabel - FlpLabel http://www.cdrlabel.com