Re: Build from Sourceforge Xoncygwin

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, Colin Harrison wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just finished building XWin from the SourceForge xoncygwin cvs.
> I took the HEAD xc and made World.
>
> I hacked the build through, on the hoof as it were, to get sufficient dll's
> and an exe for XWin to run.
>
> Some things I had to 'work around':-
>
> 1) Various missing links out from exports/include/X11 to various .h files in
> lib/X11 and sub-directories, stopped compilation in XWin.

I left some things out when commiting the xfree 4.3.0 sources:
xc/programs/* (except Imakefile and Xserver)
xc/doc
xc/fonts
xc/workInProgress

None of these should result in the error you reported.

Are these files sill missing after "make includes" in xc/lib/X11?

> 2) Various makes were not happening in lib's including X11, Xext, Xt, Xmu,
> ICE, SM, Xmuu..some Imakefiles were older than the Test91 ones and Makefiles
> were not being generated. This stopped the .dll exports appearing and
> prevented XWin linking.

make Makefiles should always create new Makefiles. Does this help?

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de