tryin to use Xwin on windows XP with a remote window manager on Linux

Hi,

What I'd like to do is run Xwin on my windows XP box, and run the window manager on my linux box. I assumed that all I'd have to do is set the DISPLAY environment variable to point at my x-server, then run "startkde" to run the window manager. Unfortunately, the Xwin server is refusing connections. I've tried running "xhost +" on the windows machine, but this does not appear to have any effect unless I'm already running a window manager - which defeats the whole point.

So, does anyone know how to make "xhost +" work when there is no window manager, or alternatively is there any other way to get Xwin to accept connections?

Thanks in advance
/John Vincent.

Tired of 56k? Get a FREE BT Broadband connection http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/btbroadband