Re: cygwin-xfree Digest 5 Jun 2003 06:18:10 -0000 Issue 1105

Hi Mark:

> Subject: Re: cygwin-xfree Digest 5 Jun 2003 06:18:10 -0000 Issue 1105
> I'm sorry, I forgot to say what OS I was running under.  I'm using
> Windows 98se.
> >    (To see GDI handles/etc bring up taskmgr, select View->Select
Columns, and check
> > GDI objects, Handle Count, USER objects, and memory usage...)
> I have looked for this but Windows98se does not offer this.  I do have
> the System Monitor program installed.  Unfortunately, it does not have
> anything in it about GDIs, Handles, or USER objects.  I can monitor
> memory usage, page faults, etc... but would have to be sitting in front
> of the computer when Cygwin dies in order for me to see just how much
> memory is being used.  Do you know of a program which monitors and logs
> system statistics?  If so, let me know so I can do so.  I'll try to post
> the program tomorrow.

It's been a long time since I had to use W95/98, but IIRC there is
a Norton SystemWorks utility that does this, if you have Norton Utils
installed.  OTW I really don't know, sorry.

You really wouldn't have to be sitting there when the thing crashed, if
it is a leak then you'll see one of those numbers slowly climbing up,
where it should really steady itself out at some value.

It may not be a leak, of course.  Under W98 I'm suprised you can keep your
maching running for four hours straight with or without cygwin!
--
-Earle F. Philhower, III
 earle@ziplabel.com