how to get 'make' to run

Dear Cygwin-Developer,

I'm trying to compile 'tgif', a potent vector-based linux drawing program,
in cygwin. I think I have successfully installed cygwin. The shell pops
up, but I can't get 'make' to run in order to compile the tgif source
code. Do I need to set some paths?

I can find the bin directory with all the bin files, e.g. makeinfo, but
'make' is not there.

I installed cygwin using just the default options. The 'devel' package is
supposed to be downloaded as default. I also installed it in two ways: 1)
directly from the internet, which went smooth. 2) First downloading to a
local directory and then installing. Yet, I had some parsing errors during
the initial installation, but it still completed the installation.

Christoph