Problems with fonts --- need some help on displaying Cyrillic letters.

Hello!

I have some problems with xfree86 displaying Cyrillic characters. I run the latest version of X on my cygwin machine (x-server), and FreeBSD 4.8 (x-clients). I use KDE as my desktop. When I run Konqueror, Cyrillic characters look great, but when I run Mozilla, everything seems to be smashed a lot and instead of Cyrillic characters, I get some squares with numbers.

In addition, I really do not like the anti-aliasing feature in the xfree86. It makes my monitor look like rubbish. How can I disable it?

This is the messages I get right after starting the X server on my cygwin:

--- my messages begin ---
$ xinit

192.168.0.18 being added to access control list
Password:
X Error of failed request:  86
 Major opcode of failed request:  51 (X_SetFontPath)
 Serial number of failed request:  8
X Error of failed request:  86
 Major opcode of failed request:  51 (X_SetFontPath)
 Serial number of failed request:  8
X Error of failed request:  86
 Major opcode of failed request:  51 (X_SetFontPath)
 Serial number of failed request:  8
X Error of failed request:  86
 Major opcode of failed request:  51 (X_SetFontPath)
 Serial number of failed request:  8
startkde: Starting up...
_KDE_IceTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.ICE-unix should be set to root
DCOP Cleaning up dead connections.
Server has no DPMS extension
mcop warning: user defined signal handler found for SIG_PIPE, overriding
_IceTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.ICE-unix should be set to root
QFont::setPointSize: Point size <= 0 (-3)
konsole: cannot chown /dev/ttyp1.
Reason: Operation not permitted
konsole: chownpty failed for device /dev/ptyp1::/dev/ttyp1.
      : This means the session can be eavesdroped.
      : Make sure konsole_grantpty is installed in
      : /usr/local/bin/ and setuid root.
bitBlt: Incompatible destination pixmap

--- my messages end ---

This is 'uname -a' on both machines:

%uname -a
FreeBSD cnst 4.8-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE #16: Sun May 11 19:24:54 EDT 2003 constant@cnst:/usr/src/sys/compile/MYKERNEL i386

$ uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-5.1 const 1.3.22(0.78/3/2) 2003-03-18 09:20 i686 unknown unknown Cygwin

Thank you, Constantine.