Re: Konsole-like application?

William E. Kempf wrote:

David Fraser said:

William E. Kempf wrote:

Are there any applications similar to Konsole for Cygwin. By similar,
I mean an application with a tabbed frame for multiple consoles and a
button to create new consoles, but one that doesn't require KDE (I want
to run -multiwindow).

You can actually run konsole from the kde-cygwin package without using
kwin as the window manager. It works perfectly in multi-window mode...
might use up a bit more memory than others, but then, konsole rocks...

Really? Even if KDE isn't run as the manager, would I not have to have
KDE installed? That's an awfully big package to install when you're only
going to use one very small part of it.

Yes, you would need to have it installed ... so it depends how much you like konsole whether you do that or not :-)
I just tested and you can actually kill the kded that konsole starts up after it's started, so in terms of actual in-memory use it's a mere 15MB...
Not sure what the actual dependencies are but you may be able to get away with a small subset of KDE ...