Multiwindow color problems

I apologise in advance if this has been addressed elsewhere, but I've searched the archives and web thoroughly.

Im running XWin ServerTest91 on a Win2K Terminal Server. I'll start XWin with  multiwindow enabled, then SSH to a remote Linux machine and tunnel X/mozilla through.  Mozilla looks like it is using 16 colors.

If I start XWin without the -multiwindow switch, the mozilla window looks correct with 256 colors.

Can anyone shed any light on why multiwindow mode doesn't behave correctly?

Regards,
Paul