Re: X server acting funny when displaying remote KDE session

 --- Alexander Gottwald
<alexander.gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de> schrieb: > On Mon,
16 Jun 2003, Stefan Heinzmann wrote:

> > Here's the output of keyboard.exe:
> > KeyboardType: 81: Unknown, Value out of range
> > KeyboardLayout: 00020409
> >
> > I don't know what it means, though.
>
> This means you're using the third variant of an us american
> layout
> (409)

Third variant? Hm, that'll be the international one then,
right?

> Can you please check /tmp/XWinrl.log what keyboard setting
> is used?
> Look for lines starting with (==) and (**).
> I doubt that with the above status any preset value would
> ever be used.

It's called XWin.log, actually, and I found those lines in
it:
(EE) No primary keyboard configured
(==) Using compiletime defaults for keyboard
Rules = "xfree86" Model = "pc101" Layout = "us" Variant =
"(null)" Options = "(null)"

Seems it didn't recognize the variant. How can I rectify
that?

Cheers
Stefan

Logos und Klingeltöne fürs Handy bei http://sms.yahoo.de