Re: X server acting funny when displaying remote KDE session

 --- Benjamin Riefenstahl <Benjamin.Riefenstahl@epost.de>
schrieb: > Hi Stefan,

> Stefan Heinzmann <stefan_heinzmann@yahoo.com> writes:
> > I see more chance for success when analyzing the
> SSH_CLIENT variable
> > that is left behind by ssh. It contains the client's IP
> address,
> > which could be grafted into the DISPLAY variable.  I'm
> not a shell
> > script guru, but I could try to put something together.
>
> No.  Ssh uses port forwarding.  That works by accepting X
> connections
> locally at the client machine and than forwarding the data
> packets
> that arrive on that "display" to your actual server through
> an
> internal SSH tunnel.  Your DISPLAY variable on the client
> should be
> something like localhost:10.0.

Ah, that means that xhost + should not be needed because
neither the X server nor the client notices that the
connection isn't local. Well, I need xhost +, so the
tunneling is most probably not working. But why does ssh not
complain? I do provide the -X option!

Cheers
Stefan

Logos und Klingeltöne fürs Handy bei http://sms.yahoo.de