Re: Keyboard Layout

Martin McNelis wrote:

> The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
> > Error:            Can't find file "uk" for symbols include
> >                   Exiting
> >                   Abandoning symbols file "default"
>
> Where can I get the required map file?  It's obviously not using the
> xmodmap.uk file that I copied over from RedHat.

These files should reside in /etc/X11/xkb and there should be a symlink to
this directory at /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb. If you don't have these files
I'd suggest reinstalling the XFree packages with the cygwin setup. The
XFree86-etc packaged should contain the files.

bye
    ago
NP: Terminal Choice - Die Macht
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723