Re: X server acting funny when displaying remote KDE session

 --- Stefan Heinzmann <stefan_heinzmann@yahoo.com> schrieb:
>  --- Alexander Gottwald
> <Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de> schrieb:
> > Alexander Gottwald wrote:
> [...]
> > If this does not work, you can try
> > xkbcomp -xkm -m us_intl /etc/X11/xkb/keymap/xfree86 :0
> >
> > Maybe the output does shed a little light on this
> problem.
> > There will be
> > a lot of "Warning:          No symbols defined for <I62>
> > (keycode 226)".
> > These are quite normal.
>
> Aha! There's an error message from xkbcomp:
>
> syntax error: line 45 of us_intl
> last scanned symbol is: parenleft

I looked at /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/us_intl and it is quite
obvious that a few commas are missing. Correcting that and
issuing the above command produces a lot of warnings, but no
error any more. And indeed the apostrophe and other keys are
now dead keys, but an apostrophe followed by a vocal does not
produce the desired character; it produces nothing at all. So
something is still amiss, although it now seems to be
somewhere else. Any ideas?

Cheers
Stefan

Logos und Klingeltöne fürs Handy bei http://sms.yahoo.de