Re: Xterm doesn't work on second display in dual head system

 --- "Earle F. Philhower, III" <earle@ziplabel.com> schrieb:
> Howdy
>
> >Subject: Re: Xterm doesn't work on second display in dual
> head system
> >It's on the right, actually. Maybe I should add that the
> >second display has a different geometry from the first
> (1st:
> >1920x1200, 2nd:1280x1024) and I use the Matrox feature
> that
> >displays the taskbar only on the primary monitor. This
> also
> >means that if you maximize a window in either display it
> only
> >uses that display instead of stretching over both
> displays. I
> >guess this has got something to do with the problem, but
> >since I don't know how this works internally I can't tell.
>
> You should still try the "test" release anyway, but one
> other thing:
> Are you using the proper flags?  For multiwindow and
> multimonitors
> you need both options or only the screen 1 will be
> supported:
> "XWin.exe -multiwindow -multiplemonitors"

That was a good tip: the -multiplemonitors was missing. With
it, xterm also works on the secondary screen. However, remote
KDE is even unhappier than before with it (see my other
thread on this list). It crashes XWin on every other
mouseclick. Maybe XWin remote with KDE on a dual head display
is a bad combination?

Cheers
Stefan

Logos und Klingeltöne fürs Handy bei http://sms.yahoo.de