Re: Donations link on cygwin-xfree website is broken

From: Harold L Hunt II <huntharo at msu dot edu>
To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 09:52:41 -0400
Subject: Re: Donations link on cygwin-xfree website is broken

> Andreas,
>
> The only link to the donations page that I see on http://xfree86.cygwin.com/ is in the News section and its text is below:

> As you can see, there are no colons in that link at all.
>
> You say this is on line 199, but the above is on line 330 of the index.html that is sent to the user.
>
> Could you give an explicit URL to the page with the error and try to pin down the location of the link on the page for me?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Harold
>

> Andreas Eibach wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> just wanted to report the above.
>> I do not mean the link on the left navigation bar, but in the center.
>> Line 199 of index.html has two colons in the URL, that's screwing it up.
>>

>> Take care,
>> Andreas

Harold:

I think Andreas must've meant this page:

http://cygwin.com/xfree/devel/

This has the problem in the body at line 199, where the link mentioned points to http:://xfree86.cygwin.com/donations.html instead of http://xfree86.cygwin.com/donations.html

By the way, since this is my first post (I'm a long-time lurker), I want to mention that you guys are great! Thanks to all the developers here: you give me a reason to want to boot into Windows. I guess since you only have people posting with bugs or problems, you don't hear the success stories. So here's my "been running xfree-cygwin now for over a year with zero problems ever" heads-up.

Thanks again!
p.s. cut 'n paste this from the archives- hope it doesn't mess up anyone's mail archives overly much.

--
Drew Stile   -+-   johnnydeppert at myrealbox dot com
-My browser blocks popups and has tabbed browsing- does yours?