Re: Xterm doesn't work on second display in dual head system

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Stefan Heinzmann wrote:

> That was a good tip: the -multiplemonitors was missing. With
> it, xterm also works on the secondary screen. However, remote
> KDE is even unhappier than before with it (see my other
> thread on this list). It crashes XWin on every other
> mouseclick. Maybe XWin remote with KDE on a dual head display
> is a bad combination?

Do you use the -multiwindow switch? If you use it you can't run
another windowmanager. In multiwindow mode XWin starts its own
windowmanager and the one from KDE will most likely cause big
trouble.

You can start KDE without windowmanager if you start ksmserver
with the parameter -w null.

bye
	ago
--