Re: X server acting funny when displaying remote KDE session

 --- Alexander Gottwald
<alexander.gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de> schrieb: > On Wed,
18 Jun 2003, Stefan Heinzmann wrote:

> > I still can't. My suspicion is that it is not the problem
> of
> > the keyboard driver but a font or 7bit/8bit problem. Have
> you
> > got an idea where I could start to look?

http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-xfree-faq.html#q-bash-extended-chars

That ain't it. As far as I can tell this configures the
readline library which is part of bash. But my problem isn't
limited to bash. I can open a document editor in remote KDE
and still can't type umlauts. I can hardly imagine that this
has anything to do with readline.

Isn't Unix a wonderful and mysterious thing? On every corner
you can get into deep waters because everything is so
configurable that the odds of having it configured right are
very small indeed.

Cheers
Stefan

Logos und Klingeltöne fürs Handy bei http://sms.yahoo.de