[ERR] Re: X server acting funny when displaying remote KDE session

Transmit Report:

 To: antizm@hitel.net, 451 Requested action aborted: mda_local GET write error to (203.245.15.30:7001) (Broken pipe)
--- Begin Message ---
On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Stefan Heinzmann wrote:

> Fair enough. What do I need to know (read) in order to create
> that map?

You need to know how the english international keyboard differs
from the norml english keyboard and extend the us_intl map with
these combinations.

> Once created where do I put it? Where do I need to
> send it to? Is there coordination with KDE/Gnome/Motif/...
> groups necessary or is it just an X issue?

Just post it here. We will send it to the XFree people for
inclusion to the CVS.

> have a remote session. And it can't just be a frontend for
> the X tools because I get a display of the layout in the
> taskbar at the bottom, and I doubt that they bother asking
> the (remote) X server for that info.

Zou can disable this feature and AFAIK the layout changer does
query the server which layout is currently set. You can test
it by changing the map with setxkbmap.

bye
	ago
--