Re: US-Intl keymap

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Heinzmann <stefan_heinzmann@yahoo.com> writes:
> I didn't have that installed, thanks for the hint. Do I assume
> correctly that the defines use the Unicode encodings?

Not in general.  X11 keysyms are a bit older than Unicode.  But
keysyms are identical with Latin-1 for that range, so anything below
256 is also identical to Unicode.

> For completeness I would need the Unicode code points 0x2018
> and 0x2019, which aren't defined as far as I can tell.

My X11/keysymdef.h has these:

 #define XK_leftsinglequotemark                         0xad0
 #define XK_rightsinglequotemark                        0xad1
 #define XK_leftdoublequotemark                         0xad2
 #define XK_rightdoublequotemark                        0xad3
 . . .
 #define XK_singlelowquotemark                          0xafd
 #define XK_doublelowquotemark                          0xafe

benny