Cygwin/XFree86 With Remote KDE 2.2.2

Hello,

Currently, I have to log into a Debian linux machine remotely and do some of my work there.
I have on KDE 2.2.2 installed on that machine.
Basically, I ssh in, and startkde.

KDE loads up fine, antialiased fonts and all. After several minutes however, either KWin (kde's wm) crashes, or the desktop dissappears or kicker suddenly closes for no reason. This is very odd.

If it helps, I also get errors like this in the command prompt

WARNING: KDE detected X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9
Major opcode: 14
WARNING: KDE detected X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
Major opcode: 42

In program such as KWord and Kwrite (sometimes).

I've tried fiddling with the xserver's fonts, adding truetype, turning off antialiasing, turning on antialiasing, going 32 bit, going 16 bit, etc. etc.

This behaviour is very odd. sometimes my desktop disappears after 20 seconds, sometimes it may work for 5-10 minutes before going crazy, which leads me to believe it may be some sort of a memory leak.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me with this,

Thank you,
 Amir