Re: opengl issue

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Dominik Szczerba wrote:

> is hardware acceleration not there by philosophy of cygwin/xfree86

There is currently no accellerated opengl for cygwin/xfree86. All GLX
calls are rendered by the mesa software renderer. It is on the todo list,
but most developers lack the knowledge of how to integrate it.

> or I
> can download somewhere proper libraries for cygwin and my gfx card? I
> see /lib/win32/*.a which I link against (-lopengl32 -lglu32 -lglut32),
> but these I guess are shortcuts for software renderer.

There are two sort of opengl libraries. The first does map all opengl
calls to glx and sends them to the x server is waht you want for your
x11 apps. The second  (with opengl32) does send the opengl calls to
the hardware accelleration. But then you will not be able to use it with
X11.

bye
	ago
--