Re: xinit: No such file or directory

> From: "Tomasz Rojek" <tiroy@poczta.onet.pl>
> Subject: Re: xinit:  No such file or directory
> Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 18:39:19 +0200
>
> > I only run into this problem as nonadministrator.
>
> I don't know if this will help in your case, but
> maybe during instalation process you have
> selected "Install for: Only me" instead of "All users"?

Thanks, Tomasz.  As I confirmed with Andrew, I believe
the permissions to the /tmp/.X11-unix got narrowed
during the setup of sshd.  I emailed Mike Erdely and
his ssh-l mailing list about this.  The same setup
procedure also made the /home unwritable, so cygwin
couldn't create new home directories for new users.
Funny that no one commented on that when I reported it.
I imagine Mike's quite busy right now, as his personal
website shows that he is a new father.

Fred
--
Fred Ma, fma@doe.carleton.ca
Carleton University, Dept. of Electronics