Re: Alt-Esc works, why can't we pass Alt-Tab to the WM?

Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu> wrote in
<Pine.GSO.4.44.0307021924090.17919-100000@slinky.cs.nyu.edu>
in gmane.os.cygwin.xfree on Wed, 2 Jul 2003 19:26:44 -0400 (EDT):

> On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
> > There is the possibility that Alt+Tab can only be trapped on NT-based
> > OSes, but that isn't much more to worry about.

> Win98, at least, has a Misc tab in shortcut properties, that lists Windows
> shortcut keys to ignore (let the application handle).  Alt-Tab is one of
> them.  Thus, you could instruct the users set up a shortcut to XWin.exe
> and let it handle Alt-Tab, even if XWin.exe can't capture it itself.
> P.S. I'm not sure Win95/ME have this feature.

I think you'll find that the Misc property page is only available with
shortcuts to DOS-mode applications. Windows-native executables like
XWin.exe don't have it.

--
Sam Edge