Re: Fw: Bug in Cygwin/XFree86 Frequently Asked Questions

Harold,

His suggestion is equivalent to having a .inputrc with the lines he passes
to "bind".  Two of the options ("show-all-if-ambiguous" and
"expand-tilde") have nothing to do with 8-bit characters, the other three
are the same as in the FAQ entry.  In other words, the FAQ entry *is*
correct, and don't bother changing it.

As for the distinction between bash and sh -- .inputrc is used by the
readline library, and, FWICS, ash (the /bin/sh in Cygwin) does not use
readline at all (but bash does).  So I don't see why the FAQ suggestion
didn't work for Arne in bash, and how it could possibly work in sh (unless
he tried it on Linux, where /bin/sh is a symlink to bash, which still
doesn't explain why it didn't work in bash).
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu