Cygwin installer failing in Windows 95b

I'm trying to get Cygwin to install in a 200MHz 96MB, Windows 95b machine.

But it always fails at the end with pop up error boxes declaring that it can't find a couple of DLLs.

Then lots of, what look like DOS windows, pop up very briefly one after another.

I choose to use the default on most of the items. Though I did switch the Net and Xfree86 item to install.

I had downloaded Cygwin from the Internet, installed it in several Windows 2000 and NT4 machines successfully and so I placed the whole install package on my LAN in a network drive and as I said, it installed without errors into 3 different Windows systems (Windows 2000 and NT4).

But Windows 95b doesn't appear to like it.

Is there any known issue with trying to install it into this old OS?

Is there any article that explains what the installer does at the end so I can check registry settings, etc. are correct?

Perhaps this cygwin installer (2.249.2.5) hasn't been tested lately on a Window 95b machine?

I'd appreciate any help offered. :-)

--
Stuart Halliday
ECS Technology