Re: xfree86

Dirk Schlatterbeck wrote:

> Thanks, works fine.
> But....
>
> 1.) Where are those mounting options are fixed for startup
> of cygwin?

run mount and look for an entry /tmp (or / if no /tmp entry exists) which
is either mounted in binmode or textmode. If it's mounted in textmode
remount it with
mount -b -u 'c:\temp' /tmp

This changes the mode permanently.

> 2.) How do I get a german keyboard for remote-login on my
> linux-host?

Get XKB working on the cygwin host.

> It runs with gdm, local login on the linux host  works
> with german keyboard (so XF86Config-4 is set correctly),
> remote from my w2k-machine us  keyboard is used although
> XWin on the w2k-machine works locally also with german
> keyboard.

The XF86Config settings apply to the xserver. not the xclients. If you have
german keyboard layout with the cygwin xserver, it will still be german for
remote logins.

bye
    ago
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723