Re: Build failure on current CVS

Earle,

Earle F. Philhower III wrote:

Howdy Harold,

At 06:58 PM 7/24/2003 -0400, you wrote:

I am building the CVS tree from anoncvs.xfree86.org, not the branch that we have on sourceforge. The errors certainly look like they could be caused by some messing around to get IP V6 working... maybe we should just wait for it to settle down.

Shouldn't they be #ifdef'ing all things like this? I'm sure cygwin is not the
only xfree86 architecture that doesn't have IPV6 headers...

Yes, in theory they would be, but people make mistakes when doing things that they don't realize will affect all platforms. So, the burden basically falls to us to make sure that their changes still build on our platform.

Also, just to make sure, if I wanted to start doing some hacks on the XWin
server I should still be using the xoncygwin cvs, right?

Yes, you should be doing development on xoncygwin.