Re: Build failure on current CVS

Here it is:

xc/config/cf/X11.tmpl, line 737:

/*
 * NOTE:  IPv6Flags could be tacked on to either ConnectionFlags or
 *        ExtraConnectionDefs.  Here, we choose the later in order to
 *        maximise exposure of the IPv6 code (a number of <OS>.def files
 *        contain ConnectionFlags overrides).  Mind you, this might not
 *        the right thing to do when HasStreams is asserted.
 */
#ifndef BuildIPv6		/* If the OS also #define's AF_INET6 */
#define BuildIPv6		YES
#endif

Looks like we need to add: #define BuildIPv6 NO to our cygwin.cf.

That is, I am simply going to disable this until someone with a working IPv6 setup can work on this and verify that it works properly.

Harold

Harold L Hunt II wrote:

Earle,

Earle F. Philhower III wrote:

Shouldn't they be #ifdef'ing all things like this? I'm sure cygwin is not the
only xfree86 architecture that doesn't have IPV6 headers...

The first error shows up on line 305:

304 #if defined(IPv6) && defined(AF_INET6)
305     struct sockaddr_storage sockname;
306 #else
307     struct sockaddr_in     sockname;
308 #endif

So, IPv6 and AF_INET6 are being defined for our platform when they should not be defined. I will try to track this down, but I can't promise anything.