Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Test 92

    HLH> Joe, Don't know for sure what happened in your case.  It
    HLH> appears that all X Clients (including the inernal window
    HLH> manager) lost communication with the X Server at about the
    HLH> same time.  The *IOErrorHandler's are called when
    HLH> communication with the X Server is lost.  Sounds like you had
    HLH> a hiccup in your TCP/IP network stack on your Windows
    HLH> machine.

    HLH> Lets just forget this unless it happens to you on a regular
    HLH> basis.

Hm. It just happened again in emacs:

$ xinit -- -multiwindow -clipboard

<hours pass>

winMutliWindowWMIOErrorHandler!

xterm:  fatal IO error 32 (Broken pipe) or KillClient on X server ":0.0"
xinit:  connection to X server lost.

I was running emacs on a machine whose network connection blocks for
several seconds every few hours. Usually, the X server (either exceed
or XFree86) just tolerates this, but sometimes it blocks for too long
and the SSH session times out, killing the X processes tunneled over
it.  I doubt that this is related, since you said that
winMutliWindowWMIOErrorHandler is a consequence of /all/ clients
losing their connections, but I thought it might be of some
significance.

Best,

--Joe

--