Packaging question

We should be putting bin/*.dll in the "bin" package and lib/*.a in the "prog" package, correct?

Currently we are putting both bin/*.dll and lib/*.a in "bin".

Putting the DLLs in bin is correct because you need the shared libraries in order to run, which is why lib/*.so are put in "bin" on other platforms. Putting the *.a link files in the "prog" package would seem correct as well, since they are only needed to compile new programs and should be grouped together with the headers in "prog" as on other platforms.

Any comments?