Re: Cross compiling xf-4_3-branch

Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> Alexander,
>
> If I pass CROSSCOMPILEDIR=/home/harold/cygwin/bin, then it seems that
> your patch requires that the Cygwin includes be in:

what about CROSSCOMPILEDIR=/home/harold/cygwin/i686-pc-cygwin/bin?

The crosscompile tools I have installed on my machine are installed
with this directory structure (prefix was always /usr)

/usr/bin/i686-pc-cygwin32-gcc
/usr/i686-pc-cygwin32/bin/cc
/usr/i686-pc-cygwin32/bin/gcc
/usr/i686-pc-cygwin32/bin/cygwin1.dll
/usr/i686-pc-cygwin32/include/_ansi.h
/usr/i686-pc-cygwin32/include/_syslist.h
/usr/i686-pc-cygwin32/lib/automode.o
/usr/i686-pc-cygwin32/lib/binmode.o
/usr/i686-pc-cygwin32/lib/crt0.o
/usr/i686-pc-cygwin32/lib/gcrt0.o
/usr/i686-pc-cygwin32/lib/libautomode.a
/usr/i686-pc-cygwin32/lib/libbinmode.a

and so on.

That's why I've used CrossCompileDir/.. as basedir for the target.

> It would seem that I would need to change this now to tell them to
> unpack the headers in /home/harold/cygwin/include, right?

You've noticed the script for linking the i686-pc-cygwin-foo binaries
to simple foo. We can modify this script to place the binaries in the
structure we need.

=======================
#!/bin/bash

#
# This stuff is required for the Cross Compile Environment.
#
CYGROOT=/home/harold/cygwin
TARGET=i686-pc-cygwin
mkdir -p $CYGROOT/$TARGET/bin