Re: PATCH: Constrained sizing support in -multiwindow mode

Earle,

This is great! Just yesterday, while investigating the crashing upon copying a large amount of text, I was resizing xterm to make it really large and noticed that the window quite often got a size that chopped off the last line of text or left a gap after the last line of text. I wondered if it had something to do with hints... sure enough, it did :)

Thanks for the patch,

Harold

Earle F. Philhower, III wrote:

The multiwindow manager does presently not respect the hints that apps like
xterm or emacs give as to valid window sizes.  This can cause xterm to have
ugly leftover "smudges" on the right edge of the window and other minor
little annoyances.

The attached DIFF -U3 patch against test93 adds support to automatically
validate the sizes of windows while you're sizing them, just like you find in
most X11 window managers.

I've tested it locally and it seems to work just fine under W2K, but I'd like
to confirm that it performs properly under XP where the window decorations
(which it needs to take into account) are different...