Re: Recent upgrade of xfree-xserv: missing DLLs

> There is a new package, XFree86-lib-compat-4.3.0-1,
> that contains the old DLLs for 4.2.0 X Clients.

OK. XFree86-lib-compat-4.3.0-1 eventually reached a mirror near me, and I
installed it. Things now work that for a brief period did not. However,
after set DISPLAY followed by start XWin -multiwindow followed by run
rxvt -e bash, I still find that

    pressing # gives \, pressing ~ gives |, pressing \ gives < and pressing
| gives >

whilst these keys work just fine in bash.

I do not mean to download every agony on readers, and will continue to try
to sort this. But is anybody experiencing similar recent anomalies, and are
they indicative of something obvious?

Fergus