Re: Another patch: Stop random GPFs on exit

Earle,

Thanks for the patch. You did it exactly like I was thinking I would fix it.

Thanks for contributing,

Harold

Earle F. Philhower III wrote:

Howdy Harold, it looks like you're really busy with the 4.3 updates,
but here's another small patch for XWin that gets rid of the GPFs
that sometimes happen when exiting the server w/-clipboard or -mwm.

Basically, the X server was closing connections to the threads who
were then attempting to re-open them and restart their main loops.
This is fine for a server reset, but for a server kill you don't want
to re-open the connections because the info you've got (things like
ScreenPtrs etc.) aren't valid anymore.

This patch just adds a notify call to the two threads which sets
a flag so that when they do a longjmp() back to their main loops on
an IO error they pthread_exit() and not attempt to re-access their
passed in parameters/etc.

-Earle F. Philhower, III earle@ziplabel.com cdrlabel - ZipLabel - FlpLabel http://www.cdrlabel.com