Re: Imake.tmpl not found

Damien,

Huh... this is interesting.

Turns out that Cygwin's tar doesn't work the same as the tar version that is in the XFree86 souce tree in the utils module. I built their "gnu-tar" and used it to build the packages and it did include the /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config directory in the prog package, as it is supposed to. I tried messing with the Xprog-list and Xprog-excl files to get Cygwin's tar to build the archive properly, but it just wouldn't do it. I will be uploading XFree86-prog-4.3.0-2.tar.bz2 shortly.

Thanks for testing,

Harold

Damien Fisher wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to build xfig on Cygwin/XFree86 without success.  The weird thing is
this worked two weeks ago.  The only thing that has changed, as far as I can
remember, is that I just upgraded to the XFree86 4.3.0-1 packages using the
Cygwin setup program.

When I run xmkmf I get the following error:

mv -f Makefile Makefile.bak
imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
Imakefile.c:9: Imake.tmpl: No such file or directory
imake: Exit code 1.
  Stop.

Now I had this error two weeks ago when I first built xfig, and the
solution was to download the XFree86-prog package.  After I did this,
the build went fine.

However, I am now trying to rebuild xfig (for various boring reasons),
and even WITH XFree86-prog 4.3.0-1 installed, I get the above error.  I
have searched my cygwin directory, and there is no Imake.tmpl file
ANYWHERE.

Has something changed in the latest release?  This is driving me crazy!
(It doesn't help that I really have very little clue about what
imake/xmkmf does. :) )

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Damien