Re: rfe: seamless windows integration

Jack,

Thanks. Let me tell you, we already have a laundry list of dream features. We just need people to start working on them.

Harold

Jack Tanner wrote:

This is a pipe dream, but it's a pipe dream worth striving for.

1. X should run as a service. There's no reason for it to run as a user-launched app.

2. All X client application on one's machine should have shortcuts associated with them in the start menu, and these shortcuts should be created automatically during installation.

3. Exiting X (e.g., by stopping the service) should list all cygwin processes that were launched under X and prompt the user to terminate them. For example, an ssh-agent launched from an xterm should be killed automatically.

I know there are ways of approximating these behaviors now; I'm just suggesting that these be built in.

-JT