Re: Can I take full screen control under w95, of a remote vmware virtual machine running under linux?

On Monday 11 August 2003 20:53, Alexander Gottwald wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 jvaliant@adinet.com.uy wrote:
> > Do you know if Cygwin/XFree86 will allow me to take full screen control
> > of the virtual machine ?.
>
> It does not work since it's not a local display. (Tested with 3.2.0 vmware)

I have no idea if this will work, but you could try some of the utilities that
convert an *existing* local X session to RFB (the VNC protocol).

VMware then may (or may not) work in full screen mode, but at least there is a
chance since VMWare has a real normal local X session to work with.

Known utilities that do this include:
krfb - http://www.tjansen.de/krfb/
x11vnc (part of LibVNCServer - http://libvncserver.sourceforge.net/)
x0rfb (or x0rfbserver) - Get rpm's/deb's for this.

The page for the original x0rfbserver files seems to have gone missing.  It
seems that was generally in rfb-x.x.x.rpm.  Not sure about deb's.

Cheers,

Rasjid.

--

Rasjid Wilcox