-clipboard mark-region cut and paste xemacs dilemma in cygwin xfree86

(How's that for a google-searchable title :))

I am between a rock and a hard place. If I start X-windows without
the -clipboard option, then I cannot cut and paste between my windows web
browser (mozilla) and my x-terminals using the middle mouse button.

If I do start X-windows with the -clipboard option, then Xemacs seems to not
be able to mark the region. Or rather, just after marking the region via the
mouse or by hitting ctrl-space and moving to the other end of the region, I
cannot use the region with the error: "Region is not active now"

This is my cygwin X-windows startup file

export DISPLAY=localhost:0.0

#XWin -unixkill -rootless -emulate3buttons -clipboard &
#XWin -unixkill  -emulate3buttons -clipboard &
XWin -unixkill  -emulate3buttons  &

wmaker &
#openbox &
#fvwm &

# lesstiff *

xterm -sb -bg white -fg darkblue -cr red -ms red -bd red -geometry
80x20+532+0 -name center &
xterm -sb -bg white -fg darkblue -cr red -ms red -bd red -geometry
80x20+1033+0 -name right &
xterm -sb -bg white -fg darkblue -cr red -ms red -bd red -geometry
80x20-70+0 -name large &
#xterm -sb -bg white -fg darkblue -cr red -ms red -bd red -geometry
215x88-70+0 -name large &

xhost +
ipconfig /all
.