Cannot display through rsh

I am trying to call a script located on my Windows box
from my Unix box through rsh.  All the script does is
run a java GUI application that outputs some
information in standard out.  When I run this script
through rsh, the java process is up and running on
Windows (I also see output, also check task manager)
but the GUI frame does not show up.  On Windows, I
installed cygwin and xfree.  I started X via
xstartwin.  I also xhost + to allow any host to
remotely display on Windows.  I know display isn't the
problem because if I am on my Unix machine, if I set
the display to Windows, and run the java app locally
on Unix, the app correctly displays on Windows.  Only
if the I'm trying to rsh the same script on Windows
from Unix, this doesn't work.  Another interesting
point is that if I were to change the script on
Windows to run cygwin/xfree xterm instead of the java
app,  and from Unix rsh the script, the xterm
correctly displays.  But as soon as I put in the java
app, it does not display.

To summarize:
  1.  From Unix, run java app on Unix, display to
Windows (works)
  2.  From Unix, rsh java app on Windows, display to
Windows (does NOT work)
  3.  From Unix, rsh cygwin xapps (xterm, xclock etc)
on Windows, display to  Windows (works)

Does anyone know what this might be the case?  And is
there any way to get #2 to work?