Re: -clipboard mark-region cut and paste xemacs dilemma in cygwin xfree86

"terrence brannon" <tbone@directsynergy.com> wrote in message
010b01c360f5$b0186a70$3c00a8c0@JEFFCPU">news:010b01c360f5$b0186a70$3c00a8c0@JEFFCPU...
> (How's that for a google-searchable title :))
>
> I am between a rock and a hard place. If I start X-windows without
> the -clipboard option, then I cannot cut and paste between my windows
web
> browser (mozilla) and my x-terminals using the middle mouse button.
>
> If I do start X-windows with the -clipboard option, then Xemacs seems
to not
> be able to mark the region. Or rather, just after marking the region
via the
> mouse or by hitting ctrl-space and moving to the other end of the
region, I
> cannot use the region with the error: "Region is not active now"

(As Harold mentions, this has been discussed before, including my
suggestion below.)

You might want to consider not using -clipboard and starting/stopping
xwinclip as needed.
This works for me, because I find I do not need to do a lot of
copying/pasting between X
and Windows, and prefer to have selection work properly in emacs and
xterms.

Cary